Monday, April 26, 2010

Walter Röhrl dropping out of Nurburgring 24 hours

I has a sad, one of my all time favorite drivers who was set to return to racing in a "Stock"  2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS during this years 24hrs at the Nürburgring has dropped out. Ounce I had found out that the Master was returning to professional racing one last time I had to blog about it which I did on my other blog and now I read today that he has dropped out.

I found out that the stock 911 GT3RS isn't entirely just stock like I had thought it was when the original news came out.  Instead the car will have racing slicks, a roll cage, different electronics and different springs. That wasn't really a big deal for me however finding out that Walter Röhrl was having to drop out was the rougher news as I really wanted to see what he would be capable of doing.  No reason was given from Porsche as to why he dropped out but Axis of Oversteer is suggesting that the cause is his old age catching up with him.  Time waits for no one and not even the Master can out drive time.  I'm sure this doesn't mean he's hanging up his helmet anytime soon though. Recently I found that the cause may also be due to back pain from a previous injury. 


Here's a video of Walter testing the car in the wet:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...