Monday, October 11, 2010

2010 Oktoberfast Porsche Car Show

I was looking forward to this Sunday's Oktoberfast Porsche Car Show put on by the Silver Sage Region Porsche Club of America.  Soon enough Sunday was already here with some lovely warm fall weather to brighten the day and make the 100 plus Porsches that showed up for this year's car show shine in the bright morning light.  Sadly though the car show is turning into the rest of Idaho's car show scene.  It's the same old same old.  There were only a handful of new cars there and there just wasn't anything that wowed me.

Now don't get me wrong there were a lot of nice cars in attendance and if you had never gone to the show before you would have enjoyed what you say.  As this was my third time to one of their shows it was a lot of the same old same old. For the Idaho car show scene that's fast becoming pretty standard.  A handful of new cars but the majority of the cars are the same ones from previous show and usually without any upgrades.  I really do dislike seeing cars entered into shows for years with the same crappy paint jobs, torn up interiors and broken pieces.  But then I also dislike hearing people talk about how much better their car would be but it's still sitting in their garage being worked on.  

Last year's car show had the official unveiling of the Panamera so turn out last year was huge.  This year however they limited the number of entries to 110 and there was a significantly smaller turnout but I'm sure they hit the limit and then some.  If you are a fan of Porsches like I am there was something there for you to look at a few samples of the none flat six variety were there but it was for the most part a 911 show.  A lot of older air cooled version with a handful of water cooled 911s.  There just wasn't anything super cool or show winning no GT cars nothing just "OMG I'm so glad I came to this show to see this" and for me that was disappointing but not exactly a bad thing.

I know I love 911s so the pictures that I took are of course mostly of 911s and you can find all the pictures that I took on this flickr set -- 2010 Oktoberfast

Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...