Tuesday, February 15, 2011

RWB Featured in Excellence

Another American Magazine feature for the alway cool RAUH-Welt Begriff.  In the April 2011 (issue 190) Excellence magazine RAUH-Welt Begriff gets a 5 page spread.  That in my opinion is awesome and I picked up my issue last week.  The only problem I had with it is that for me a rabid fan of all things RWB it was all old news.

A large part of why it was all old news to me is that the article was written by Dino Dalle Carbonare of Speedhunters fame.  The majority of the RWB articles written on Speedhunters are by Dino and if you've read his articles there you've pretty much read the article in Excellence so I was a little bit disappointed in that aspect but like I said I'm a rabid fan so I already new all this.  For people who are new to RAUH-Welt Begriff so in that aspect it was a great article.  And gives a lot of information (albeit rather old and outdated) to hopefully new fanboys.

The splash page for the article is the always awesome rear end pictures of Stella Artois sporting her triple exhaust outlets and missing rear bumper.  It best illustrates just what RWB is all about.  The none conformist rough look that Nakai-san is so known for.  The rest of the pictures are ones that have been on Speedhunters before but with a few new office pictures tossed in there as well.

Overall I'd have to give this article a B for effort but damn it's old news.  But, I will give Excellence an A for the much better quality pictures and print than Eurotuner and to actually feature the cars in an actual Porsche magazine for a change.  I just wish they would have included some links to check out more information on RWB as well.  Speaking of links you can actually check out the article online at Excellence's (even has added content as well -- HERE) website if you want to check it out, however I'd suggest purchasing the issue and telling Excellence that it was cool to feature RAUH-Welt Begriff in their magazine. That way maybe we'll see some more.

On a side note while searching for more RWB stuff I found this internet link --Tokyo Drive Magazine -- that mentions that there is a possiblity of RAUH-Welt Begriff being featured in another American magazine called Heavy Hitters.  And while I loath that magazine if they do feature an article on RWB you better believe I'll try to track down an issue and get it as well.

I'd also like to leave you today with great little video that I found this morning.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...