Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS

Just when we thought that the 4.0 RS was the last of the 997 models to be released out comes another one and one that I honestly wasn't surprised to see.  With the Carrera GTS it was only inevitable that there would soon be an AWD version based on the Carrera 4 and sure enough about a week after the 4.0 RS was announced here comes the Carrera 4 GTS.  Porsche calls it Clarity, I call it "shouldn't they have done that earlier?"



The only question remains is... will this be the last 997 model?  Or will they magically pull another one out their hats before the next model comes out next year (I think it's scheduled for next year anyways).  I'm calling a C4 Black edition right at the end or maybe in a week or two.  The funny thing is that I just redid my Porsche 911 gif and now I get to redo it yet again to add the C4 GTS now.



But why the hell did they have to release the car in what I believe to be a crappy color for the coupe model.  They should have reversed the colors in the release.  Blue for the coupe, Yellow for the cabriolet but oh well lets get on with the good stuff.  I did find out that  they have a blue coupe on their micro site for the Carrera 4 GTS so why couldn't they use it in their release pictures.  You know what scratch all that I found some more pictures of the car in lovely Silver.... oh yeah.

Basically Porsche took all the GTS bits and added it to a Carrera 4.  There isn't any improvements power wise over the rear wheel drive only Carrera GTS but the added traction of AWD improves stability, quickness and all around handling in all road conditions and of the two it's the one I'd pick.  Of course that's because I like the wider hips of the Carrera 4 and of course AWD is the bomb.  Would have to magically add the Sport Classic's ducktail to it though.

If you want all the nitty gritty goods on the information I would suggest reading their official Press Release for all the facts and figures of the Carrera 4 GTS. With this the total number of all 997 variants comes in at a whooping total of 28 different 997 versions (not including race prepped versions...tack on an additional 5 versions for that).

For more pictures of the new Carrera 4 GTS check them out here -- Topspeed

Check out Porsche's official video release for the Carrera 4 GTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...