Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bus Pilot Association Family Runion Car Show 2011

With local Ford club car show in the rearview mirror I happened to find myself at the Lakeview Park in Nampa ID on Sunday for another more interesting (in my opinion) car show.  This week it was the 17th Annual Bus Pilots Association Family Reunion Car Show.  While I'm not a hug Volkswagen bus and bug fan I do like them a whole lot more than Fords and Muscle cars so I was more pumped about this car show than last weeks.  Also it doesn't hurt when friends are there with their rocking VWs.

Because I'm not a big bus and bug fan this is the first Family Reunion Car Show that I've been too.  I could go on and on about the various Bugs and Buses that were there and there was a healthy dose of every type that you could imagine really.  Toss in a couple off roaders, Karmann Ghias and one sweet Squareback for a good turn out at this year's Family Reunion.

VW Jetta GL WolfsburgBut none of those are really my cup of tea.  I'm more of a VW hatch and sedan fan.  And there just wasn't a whole lot of those there.  My friend and her friends were all in their own little group together showing off the Golf group with a lone MkII Jetta Wolfsburg next to them.  My friend's GTi was looking killer with the new BBS rims powder coated by Moda Metals

I was quite interested in the Jetta myself.  I liked the clean paint and the shiny black molding which I want to get done myself.  I didn't care much for the smoked lenses but I did like the clear turn signals.  I really want to get those but with LEDs.  Something I definitely didn't like though were the white rims.  I just don't like white on white color schemes.  Then there was the cracked windshield, totally killed the overall look of the car.

One of the things that I didn't like overall about the car show is more of a photography nitpick than anything else.  With all the cars parked under or around the trees at the park it made it difficult to get some really good pictures and most of my pictures have blown out backgrounds trying to get a good image of the car in the shade.  Add in the various shade patterns created by the leaves and everything else I honestly only think my pictures are snapshot worthy but they are uploaded to flickr for you to check out and pass your own judgement.  You can check out the flickr set here -- Bus Pilot Association Family Reunion Car Show

Porsche Boxster Spyder
I was also hoping that a couple of the Volkswagen's cousin would show up but the only Porsche that I saw there was an engine from a Porsche 356 in the Karmann Ghia Cabriolet. Since there just wasn't any at the show on my way home I stopped off at the Porsche dealership and snapped some quick and dirty images of the Porsche Boxster Spyder that they had recently gotten in.  I can't wait for the Sun Valley Road Rally since Porshe is supposed to be  a big part of it.

I didn't take any video but someone for the Bus Pilot Association (<--check out their Facebook page) took a video of the event which you can check out here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...