Thursday, July 21, 2011

2012 Porsche 911 (991) Teaser

There has been a lot of rumors and speculations floating about the interwebs about what new and awesome things the new Porsche 911 (model #991) will be sporting when it is finally unveiled in a few more months when the new car hits the stage of the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show in September.  There have been a few official releases of little bits of information and I've not really paid much attention to those release just because I want to see the whole picture later this year.  But then Porsche goes and does something interesting this week.


Porsche released an official video of the 991 test mules hot weather testing in South Africa earlier this week giving us a really good look at what the new car will look and sound like.  And I'll be honest I checked it out and I liked it.  Crap now I gotta write about this.  Wait, no I don't, I'll just show you the video and tell you to wait until September for the full details and leave it at that.

OK OK here is what I know has been officially released. It'll be shorter, longer and offer up a couple different engine options like a 3.4L for the Carrera and the 3.8L for the Carrera S.  It'll be made of Aluminum to save weight and offer up better crash protection.  And of course who can forget the all important new 7 speed manual.  In the video you can see one of the cars has a very large sunroof.  And don't forget the new design of the retractable spoiler.  That looks hot I think and would love to see it in it's extended position.

Here's the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...