Thursday, October 13, 2011

2011 Oktoberfast Porsche Car Show

What started as a dark and stormy week turned into a wonderful sunny and gorgeous day on Sunday just in time for this year's Oktoberfast Porsche Car Show.  This year the car show moved from it's former down town spot out to the parking lot of the recently opened Ling and Louie's Asian Bar and Grill in Meridian, ID.  The Silver Sage PCA holds the annual Oktoberfast Car Show in memory of Ernie Ludwig and this years event had a great turn out of fantastic Porsche cars and I was there to take in the sights and snap away with my camera.

Porsche 911 (996) GT2
As a die hard Porsche fan I am always super excited for this time of the year when this car show rolls around and I wasn't disappointed with the turn out of lovely Porsche cars of various models and years.  And like I mentioned in my preview post for the event there was definitely a lot of the same old same old car wise from previous year's events however there was also a lot of fresh new faces in the mix as well to keep things interesting.  This year there seemed to be a whole lot more Boxster and Cayman models in attendance and yet not a single Cayenne or Panamera model showed up.  Well save for the couple Panamera models that were brought up from the Porsche of Boise dealership, as well as a few other models, for show attendees to paw over.

Porsche Cayman and 911 (997) C4S I got a chance to talk with the head of the Porsche of Boise dealership about the upcoming 991 release as I was interested to see when or if any thing had become available to look at yet.  He told me that the NA official release was going to happen at the Rennsport Reunion IV and that their training for the new model was going to happen in January.  The 991 models should be available soon afterwards.  He also told me that they were scheduled to receive two models one in black and one in silver.

Porsche 911EAs it is a small world here in Boise and I ended up running into a few other people that I've met including the gentleman who drives the white 996 model at autocross.  While he didn't bring his autocross car he did bring out his other Porsche toy, a lovely 911E model instead.  Also there from autocross was Jonathan and his wife Sue who brought her new Cayman to her first car show.  Sue is usually the one tagging along with Jonathan at car shows and other events with his Honda S2000 but this time it was her turn to show off.

Porsche 911 (930) Turbo While walking around taking pictures and drooling at all the pretty 911 models there were a few that really stood out in my opinion.  It was hard not to miss the bright yellow 996 GT2 or the decked out 997 Turbo with spiffy rims and body kit.  And lots and lots of whaletails and one lone ducktail car.  Basically there was something there for everyone's taste.

Only problem is that I forgot sunscreen and ended up going home about half through the show.  Up until that time I was having a great time wondering around taking pictures and talking with friends.  That also meant I left before they announced the winners of the 4 different categories or the winners of the raffles that were held to help raise money for the Beds for Vets organization.  So if I ever find out who won those I'll update this post to reflect that, in the mean time you can check out the rest of the pictures I took at the car show in this flickr set -- 2011 Oktoberfast.  And don't forget to break out your 3D glasses as I tried my hand at that with two of the images.

Until next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...