Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hellaflush X Japan

I was thinking that the Hellaflush X Japan car show was going to be a decent sized show that would showcase the Japanese take on cars doing the Hellaflush hardparking thing.   In all reality I probably would have only checked it out in passing since I'm not a big fan of that scene. I like my cars more function over form and hellaflush is all about the form.  However, I heard that some RWB friends were going to be heading to the event as well and that changed my mind about checking it out. 

I came for the RAUH-Welt Begriff cars and I stayed for some of the other cool cars that were present as well.  And I have to say after checking out all the pictures and videos I don't think there was a single segment of the Japanese Car Culture not present at the event.  I take that back, I didn't see any American brand cars or ratrods there.  Thankfully I think Japan has so far missed the boat on ratrods and hopefully it stays that way.  Now if we could just do away with the whole rusty body panels scene.  I so hate that scene it's not funny but to each their own I guess. 

Sticker-bombing was definitely out in force as well and while I do enjoy a good bit of sticker-bombing.  I like it like I like my Itasha cars (also had a small showing) tastefully done and in moderation.  The folks sticker-bombing small body panels like the front lip for example are, in my opinion, doing it right. However, doing large body panels including the entire hood is just a bit over kill.  Even more so when you're no longer using stickers but a vinyl sheet to make it look like sticker-bombing. That's just cheating.  While I was checking out sticker-bombing I had to laugh as it looks like pedobear stickers are making their presence known in the Japanese car culture.  Did pedobear just come full circle, do the Japanese even know what pedobear respresents?   

But now I'm just getting a head of myself complaining of stuff that I don't like.  Lets get back to the event it self before I get to carried away.  Hellaflush X is the first Hellaflush type event held in Japan and took place at Fuji Speedway with an impressive turn out that probably took up all the available space from the looks of it.  The event was held on Oct 1, 2011 and I have to say Fatlace did a great job with their first event in Japan and the event was a complete success as FSW staff noted that this was the biggest event held in that area of the track. 

Now for some good stuff.  You should know by now that I'm a RWB fanboy so I gravitated towards looking for those pictures first.  And I wasn't disappointed in the RWB turn out as Shinji and his, pretty famous now, Good Hills Speed 964 were there as well as Toshi's Rough Rhythm 993r.  In addition to those two famous RWB cars there where a pair of 930 models, the matte camo Master Piece and the matte gray Great Hurricane cars.  Also there were a pair of RWB964 ducktail models.  Which included another one of my favorite RWB cars the white with red accents ducktail car.  And yet I have a sad since I have yet to see a good picture of that car.  Fatlace provided an excellent picture for me, YA!  I've uploaded everything that I've found and tagged them with hellaflush_X for your convenience on the RWBooru. 

But I'm sure you're probably bored with me writing about the event and just want to see some dang pictures already.  Well I've amassed a pretty big list of links to picture albums and blog posts for you to check out.  I also updated the links so that they all open in a new new window for easier navigation.  I'm sure there is something for everyone in all the links, unless of course you only like "American" cars (knew there was something else not present at the show) or ratrods which there are none of.  Also if that's the case why are you even reading this blog? In any case enjoy all the links.  

Website coverage --
Track to Street part 1
Track to Street part 2
RR Phantom 
Fatlace part 1 
Speedhunters Part 1
Speedhunters Part 2
Speedhunters Part 3
Speedhunters Part 4
Noriyaro Part 1
Noriyaro Part 2
Cliccar part1
Cliccar part2
JONSIBAL
dohcresearch part 1
dohcresearch part 2
dohcresearch part 3
Maiham Media part 1 
Maiham Media part 2
Stance Nation part 1
Stance Nation part 2
Stance Works part 1
Stance Works part 2
The Chronicles part 1
The Chronicles part 2

Random blogs
My Favorite things -- several parts
Random Blog
Typhonics

Ameblo blogs -- pictures and some write ups
Toyhouse
Custom Garage K Factory
Custom Garage K Factory part 2
Custom Garage K Factory part 3
Yuumi's Diary
Enkei Wheel Official blog
Ameba Kix
DC-601, inc. part 1
DC-601, inc. part 2
DC-601, inc.
Skipper --videos
Yuji
AME Wheels Development part 1
AME Wheels Development part 2

Minkara blogs
Audi Life
Randomness
Special Golf Life
No USDM No Life
Audi A5
Mode Passat
Mini and US Euro Life -- And yes there were girls there as well.
S2k...For VVF
aka TeeKayDee

Minkara Picture albums -- I've started them all on the first page when you hit the bottom of the album page just follow the links for more.
Paradox Official
Cherry XB
Evil King*
Randomness
Randomness
Randomness
Randomness
GE8 345 Quality
Randomness
Lexus IS350 Life
V36
Randomness
Vitz
boobs -- hey it's his page name
New Beetle
JDM bB -- not responsible for sore necks
*<--Push
Audi A5
Outstanding
Menta BR9
motor & prfm life
Randomness
Germanize
Private Garage Life
No. 294 
Masa Style
Sano Garage
Offset Kings
There is not a Limit
Acrophobia
Express
Girlside
Musical Note

Now how about we check out some videos from Hellaflush X Japan.  The guys from RWB left early so I was afraid that there wouldn't be any videos of them at the event but luckily we get one video of Shinji leaving in the Good Hills Speed car.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...