Thursday, April 19, 2012

SRRSCCA AutoX Event 1 & 2

Honda S2000 So it's the start of the 2012 autocross season here in Boise, ID with the Snake River Region SCCA chapter and the first and second event were held at the Idaho Expo Center in Garden City (Boise) on March 31 and April 1.  Again thanks to my own work schedule I wasn't able to attend the first event other than to pop in real fast take some pictures of the cars in parking lot say hi to friends and go home and get ready for the next day.

I missed out on some great weather on Saturday but I was ready for Sunday or so I thought I missed one big important thing with the camera.  I'll get to that in a little bit though.  I knew it was going to be cool on Sunday with a chance of rain so knowing this I packed accordingly even bought some light weight gloves to help my hands keep warm in the cool weather.  What I wasn't expecting though were the crazy high winds that made a mess of my videos though out the day and cut right to the bone making the day just slightly uncomfortable.  The gloves helped a lot though.

Porsche 911 Targa The thing that I forgot though was a stupid wind sock for the videocamera's mic.  I had a great one for the old camera and in all the excitement of the new year and the new videocamera I had completely forgotten that I would need a new one and so the videos turned out to be very windy and seriously sucked in my opinion. Speaking of videos I did end up purchasing the Sony program that I started using last year to edit and render the videos so I used that and I believe I'm getting the basic hang of it for the simple stuff but damn does it take forever to render the videos.  About an hour rendering for a minute and a half video.  Took me forever to finish rendering all the videos.  Didn't help that I took a few days off here and there.

I finally got them done the other day and thought it was about time to write the blog post for it.  Of course you can find the videos in the usual place on YouTube.  With editing I've started putting videos of the same car together so it seems like there is less videos but the trade off is longer videos and you don't have to go searching for all the videos of the same car.  Kinda nice I think.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9I also picked up a new DSLR for this year as well.  Broke down and bought a new Canon T1i and I'm learning how to use it properly and I still have some bugs to work out.  Just need to get out and get some more pictures under the belt with the new camera.  I do like how the pictures turned out as it was a heavily overcast day for the most part and I think I did a pretty good job of getting some really good shots out of it.  You can see the results on Flickr.

At some point I should mention something about the actual event it self right.  Well I have to say the course on Sunday was a damn interesting and long course.  I would like to see more courses like that this year.  There were a few new folks out for the first time and there were some returning faces as well.  The Lingerfelter Corvette was back (was gone all last year if I remember correctly) and of course a good majority of the usual suspects were there as well.  You can check out the final standings for the event here -- SRRSCCA Event 1 and Event 2 results.  I wasn't able to make it to Event 3 so you can see the results for that day as well.

Here are some videos from Sunday...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...