Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sept 30, 2012 Autocross Event

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9 MRIt's been a while since I've been out to an autocross event and I hated that I missed the Saturday event as there was a lovely Porsche 991 GT3 there that didn't show up on Sunday.  But what can you do when you have my work schedule.  This is also the second to last event with the last one being this Saturday.  Thankfully due to a slight schedule change at work I'll be able to make that one for at least half the day.

So Sunday I showed up really early as I woke up even earlier than usual and was bored.  I checked out the course picked my spot for filming handed out some stickers and took pictures of the cars in the parking lot while waiting for the event to get underway.

Porsche 911 TurboWhile checking out the days course someone was mapping it out on their phone and when it was turned a certain way the course looked like someone's junk, not kidding on that one.  It turns out the old guys in their little race cars wanted a fast wide open course and that's exactly what it was.  Fast, super fast like under 40 seconds and faster run times.  You can check out the times and scoring here -- Sept 30 Results.

When I set up my area for shooting I was talking with someone about where I was located and safety issues and I was about to argue he mentioned that he was the regional safety person and I shut the hell up pretty fast.  Granted if he would have lead with being the safety person I wouldn't have started to argue in the first place but we got it all sorted out so it was all good.

Volvo S60 RAs it's pretty late in the season there wasn't a lot of cars at the event which meant a lot of videos were shot and I even got to just watch for a while.  I did realize that if I can shot that many videos I should move around  a bit as it's boring watching the same angle 5 times.  Something to remember for next time.

There weren't a lot of new people out at this event but there was one new car that I has happy to see and that was a Porsche 911 Turbo even though it was a 996 gen 2 version it was great to see it out there.  He had mentioned an interest in going at the beginning of the year but hadn't ever showed up and I'm glad that he finally did on a day I was there.  I may have missed the 911 GT3 but this definitely made up for it.  Needs some new suspension upgrades if you watch the videos comparing the two 911 cars the Turbo lifts so much on take off compared to Ted's Carrera.  

You can check out all the pictures from the event here -- Sept 30 Autox

And of course you'll find all the videos here as well -- YouTube Channel

Some of my favorite videos
Porsche 911 Turbo

Porsche 911 C2

Volvo S60 R

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9 MR (only one short little video of this car)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...