Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Autocross Event #15 Oct 20, 2012

Porsche 911SC (Turbo)And suddenly it's the end of the season already.  Seems like just the other week it was starting but here it is the final event for 2012.  It's been a crazy season for sure with lots of ups and downs and that is why the last event weekend was only a single Saturday instead of a two day weekend. Now normally that would mean I wouldn't be able to make it to the event but some what thankfully my schedule at work was changed and I was able to make it to the event.

And I'm sure glad that I could make it there as a somewhat battered Porsche 911SC showed up for his first time driving and while it look the prettiest on the outside when he lifted the engine hood HOLY COW!  There was a nicely worked 3.4L Turbo engine tucked into that narrow bodied car.  I just couldn't get enough of it.  If I remember what the guy said the car was capable of 500hp but was dialed back to 350hp for the day.   However, thanks to the rain in the morning I didn't get to see a lot of that potential from the car.

Honda S2000
Oh that's right it rained pretty good the morning before the event which meant it was going to be a slippery and slow morning before it dried out and I wasn't really planning on sticking around after about 2pm since I did have to work that night.  With the rain and the final event I wasn't expecting a big turn out but was surprised that there were a good turn out none the less.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9 MRThe usual Porsche 911 guy decided to change it up a bit and brought his older generation Ford Taurus SHO.  Took me by surprise but I know one friend would be drooling over it.  There was also an outpouring of Honda S2000 cars the CR that was there at the last event wasn't there this time but a new yellow one showed up and the rest of the usual suspects showed up.  And the white one showed up with some new rims that I really liked but where not the racing rims so I had to snap some pictures quick before they were changed over. I actually liked how some of the early morning darker pictures turned out.

To be honest at the moment I can't remember much about the course but I did do what I was talking about last time and moved around the course during the day and caught some different angles on video and I think it worked out better for the videos.  I did actually end up staying a little bit longer than I had first planned to (I wanted more videos of that 911SC dangit) and on my way out I noticed something driving down the access road.

Rossion Q1
No it couldn't be... I hurriedly put my camera gear in the car and got the camera back out to take a picture of something I haven't seen in a while.  The lone Rossion Q1 in town showed up.  It's owned by the gentleman who usually drives the green Lotus Elise and he's only raced the Q1 a couple of times that I know about so I grabbed some quick pictures of it as the owner was off taking his own pictures of the autocross event.

And with that I was done for the year and so what the autocross season.  You can check out the final results from the event here -- Event #15

You can see the rest of the pictures from the event here on Flickr -- Event #15.

And of course there are the videos which you can find on my YouTube channel here -- YouTube.

Here's that Porsche 911SC Turbo

There were plenty of Honda Civics

And just because here's that Taurus SHO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...