Sunday, March 3, 2013

Personal Sponsors 2012

Racing Miku Figma 2012 VersionLast year I finally got the chance to support GSR&Studie with Team Ukyo, one of my favorite Super GT team, when they opened up their Personal Sponsors program to the world for the 2012 season.  Previous years it was strictly a Japanese only program unless you wanted to spend some serious cash and go with a third party shipping service to get the items, which I did not want to do.

Though I seriously wanted the Racing Miku Figma from 2011 I just couldn't see spending the outrageous prices people were asking for them ($350!) on eBay when they came stateside and even then I wouldn't have been helping support Goodsmile Racing in 2011.  Thankfully in 2012 things changed and they opened things up to outside Japan sales and I was thrilled.  However, I jumped the gun and bought the first course they offered.  It wasn't really expensive at 40 bucks but all you got was a sponsor card, ticket holder and your name on the team's pit wall.  I have to admit that I was thrilled when I saw my name on the wall but I was kicking myself for not waiting for the 2012 Racing Miku Figma course that came out much later in the year. Basically I was buying the first course a second time and with out getting the benefits of it, but I had to have it so ordered it right away.  After a lot of waiting my Racing Miku Figma finally arrived last week. 

GSR Personal Sponsors 2012 swagI'm thrilled to finally have my Racing Miku Figma and honestly I'm also happy that I could be a part of supporting GSR&Studie with Team Ukyo during 2012 even if they couldn't reach their own goal of claiming the GT300 championship two years in a row (Not many teams have been able to do that actually). The Racing Miku Figma wasn't the only thing that arrived either.  I knew there was going to be a sticker and a keychain as well.  The keychain is a cool little plastic Racing Miku then came the huge ass sticker page.  Measuring in at a whopping 12x16 it features several large stickers of Racing Miku and GSR&Studie with Team Ukyo logo stickers.  I just don't have any where to stick the stickers save for a few that found their way on to the laptop.

It's of course now 2013 and GSR&Studie with Team Ukyo has introduced their new car and Racing Miku for the upcoming Super GT series as well as opening up the Personal Sponsors 2013 with the first Basic course which I'm skipping this year to save money for the upcoming Racing Miku figma for 2013.  This year I'm going to try and do a better job of keeping up with Super GT and my blog but no promises here.  You can see some good pictures of the 2013 Racing Miku BMW Z4 GT3 machine here -- 2013 Program. And yes they are only running one car this year to help focus more on reclaiming the top prize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...