Sunday, April 7, 2013

Autocross -- Rd1

Porsche 911 TurboRd 1 of this year's autocross season for the Snake River Region SCCA chapter was held on March 30, 2013.  Even though it was on Saturday and I had to work the night before I decided that as it's the season opener I should check it out at least for the morning run session.  And boy am I glad that I did go.  It was a huge turn out of drivers, many returning and some new faces.  And of course I was happy to see one of my favorite cars in the valley, the bright yellow Porsche 911 Turbo, return as well. 

It was a bright and cool morning and it was looking good for a day of great racing.  Kind of mad actually that I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole day but that's life. I started the day walking around the pit area snapping some pictures and doing the socializing thing.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVOI didn't get a chance to walk the course so I really can't comment on it that much other than there were turns here and there.  It's actually really hard to follow the course when you are looking and focusing on a car in a tiny little box.  The classes this year have a lot of diversity and some serious competition in them to make things interesting as well.  Not to mention the novice class was pretty big for this round which made for an interesting large first run group. 

The weather was fantastic through out the morning and I was enjoying the cool breeze (not after I got home though... the wind burn on the face kinda hurt for a while. OUCH!)  while many drivers where not enjoying the cool pavement.  I'll be honest I was looking forward to some sideways sliding and what not but like always it only happened when I wasn't filming.  I was also a little annoyed the Porsche decided to cut half the course when I was taking pictures, leaving me with not as many pictures of it as I wanted.  Dang it.  But hey that's racing.  You can check out the results of the race here -- Rd 1 Results.

Honda S2000I just recently finished uploading all of the videos (There was a total of 16 videos added and I'm sure some will hate the way that I put the videos together) and I'll be right back at it next week as that is when the next two rounds are.  The next upcoming event is a two day event on April 13th and 14th.  I haven't decided how I'm going to work those two events just yet.  Half of me wants to do half days on both days and the other half of me wants to do just Sunday's event.

In the mean time you can check out the rest of the pictures from the event at the following set -- Autox -- March 30, 2013.

As for the videos you can find them all on my YouTube channel -- Speed Matsuri.

Here's the Porsche 911 Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...