Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hot Wheels Hunting

Hot Wheels -- Mazda RX7Since last time I posted about Hot Wheels hunting I've been on a few more interesting adventures in Hot Wheels Hunting.  I've gotten lucky a few times and I've been skunked a few times as well. But since last time I've found one Super Treasure Hunt and two normal Treasure Hunt Cars.  I've added plenty to my trade pile in the hopes that I can trade for a Toyota 2000GT Super TH car.  I actually just got back from a little adventure to Tj Maxx where I found another Bluebird 510 Wagon.

Since the first blog I've done a Kday event (something I had never heard of until a week before hand) found a brand new display at Fred Meyer, did a grand opening of a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market and did something I never thought I'd do but I can see why others have before me.  I opened an unattended box that was on the floor at Target.

Hot Wheels -- Star Treck EnterpriseI never heard of the Kday event so found out the hard way that to win at that game you bring your friends and family and maybe a bum off the street too.  I got totally skunked at that event.  Saw a lot of those crazy collectors from the Walmart opening that I had gone to earlier.  They scored big time but they also brought a lot of people to help them.  I heard the next one is on Nov 2 and I plan to win this time around and have been rounding up some friends to go with.

Then sometimes you just get lucky.  Stopped at a Fred Meyer store to get gas and figured well I'm already here might as well check.  Holy Shit... It's a new 4way display.  Started picking though it and DAMN!!! there it was my first Super Treasure Hunt car.  Not thrilled about the Green Mustang but hell I'll use it to trade for the Toyota 2000GT Super TH car.  But then I found a lot of the Mazda RX-7 Treasure Hunt car and best of all they were having a sale on the cars so I scored big time on that one.  Originally I left two of the Treasure Hunt cars there for others but a friend wouldn't be able to make it to the store so I went back the next day and got the rest of them so I could give him one.

Hot Wheels -- For Sale or TradeThis week I went to the grand opening of the new Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market and I figured it would be just like the big store opening but it turned out that I was the only one there looking for the Hot Wheels so I scored a Treasure Hunt car as well as the Greenwood Corvette.  So I was thrilled about that.  I heard from the Lamley Group that Tj Maxx and Marshalls stores were getting the Boulevard cars in stock so I had to check that out this morning.  Unlike the Lamley Group who scored big I only found one Bluebird 510 Wagon so had to pick that up.

Hot Wheels On my way home from there I also decided to stop by Target just to see.  That's when I saw a nice un-opened box of Hot Wheels just sitting there.  It was the Q case so wasn't expecting much but I figured well I could find the Super Treasure Hunt car and add that to my trade pile for the 2000GT.  I debated opening the box for a while then decided to just go for it.  Opened it up took out the cars carefully looked didn't find the Super TH or regular TH cars so put them all back in and took off.  Do I feel like one of those crazy collectors now...slightly but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Some where in the middle of all this I also checked out a little second hand Toy Store called Time Zone Toys looking for the 2000GT car as well.  No luck there but damn that place brought back a lot of child hood memories.  I've taken a few more pictures of the cars I've picked up including the Battlestar Galactica Viper (now I just need the Raider) and I've added a few more import websites to check out.

Hot Wheels -- Scion FR-SHere's my list of must read Hot Wheels sites.
The Lamley Group
T-Hunted!
Kelvinator21 
Super Hunted! (English version of T-hunted!)
Hot Wheels Collectors 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...