Monday, November 4, 2013

The McLaren M6GT kit car

McLaren M6 Some days you just get lucky and happen upon something out of no where most of those days you're caught out without a proper camera.  After leaving The Oktoberfast car show I just happened to stop off at a gas station to pick up a Soda and upon leaving the store I'm greeted by a low slung vintage racer and HOLY WHAT! screamed across my mind when I saw on the back of the car McLAREN.

I ran back to my car and grabbed my camera went back and asked if I could snap some pictures.  To be honest at the time I just wasn't sure what excatly I was looking at other than an old school boy racer from McLaren and I posted the short video that I took straight to Facebook to find out.

McLaren M6Turns out I wasn't the only one of my friends to have seen it that day and he got a lot of answers to what the car could be and the majority of people believed the car to be a McLaren M6GT kit car but who knows with Boise as you'd be surprised at what secrets are tucked away.

From what I could see it was well sorted and definitely not a hack job kit car that's for sure and just one of those things that you are lucky enough to see once in a while.  I gave the passenger my business card in the hopes that the guy would contact me and I could get some more information but that hasn't happened yet. 

Here's the set of pictures on flickr -- McLaren M6GT

Finally here is the video that I shot of the car pulling away from the gas pump.

1 comment:

  1. This is a real M6A tub with a GT body. Feel free to email me with any questions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...