Thursday, May 15, 2014

Autocross Events 1 and 3

Back for more catch up blog writing.  This time it's for Autocross.  I've gone to 2 out of three events so far and I'm going to be missing the next one since it will be held in Mt Home and I don't want to drive all the way out there.  Actually to be honest I'm feeling like I'll be scaling back my involvement with Autocross because work has a bunch of stuff going on at the same time or close to the same time so timing is a bit off and I get paid for work.

So it's time to take a look at the first two events that I went to.  First of all both of these events were rained on one so much that I was soaked to the bone even with an umbrella.  The first event was at the end of March and had a large turn out for a rain event.  I just think everyone was ready for winter to be over with and the racing season to start.

I stayed for most of the day but not the whole day as I had other plans to attend to that afternoon.  I have the pictures which honestly I'm not all that happy about them but they were the best I could do in the rainy overcast day.  You can find the set here -- March AutoX.

There are videos as well on YouTube and you can find them here -- YouTube channel.

_MG_6698
Then it was time for the April event.  It was a two day event but I had other things going on Saturday so ended up only going to the Sunday event.  Big mistake.  It was perfect weather on Saturday.  Sunday it rained before and in heavily in the middle of the event.  On top of that I forgot a tiny piece of the tripod leaving me unable to really do any filming.  I tried handholding it but it just sucked so bad.  So yeah I said screw it I'm done and went home.  Of course by the time I got home changed clothes and had lunch the Sun came out.  Oh well.  I have some videos but I hanven't uploaded any save for a couple to the facebook pages I work on.  I'll get them uploaded sooner or later (I still have videos from last year to upload)

You can find the pictures on flickr here -- April AutoX.

You can find the current standings and everything else you need to know about Snake River Region SCCA autocross by visiting their website or liking their Facebook Page.  Links below.
SRRSCCA Home Page
SRRSCCA Facebook Page

Some of the videos from the first event.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...