Friday, August 19, 2016

Project Jetta: Part 18

Already back with another update on the progress of the Jetta.  Granted it is a small update.  So a while ago the automatic transmission shift lever has pretty much broken down to the point where it needed to be replaced.  And as rare as an auto for a MK2 is I looked on eBay for a suitable replacement.  And a inexpensive one at that.

So hunting around I found a black handled straight lever that would work.  It also keeps my lanyards form getting caught on it as well.  Which is probably something that added in the demise of the old lever.

So it arrived in the mail the other day and I installed it right away, well right after having a laugh at the MOMO Italy branding (something that was not mentioned in the ad by the way).  The fit was a little loose but all of the plugs were way to small so a little rolled up thick paper later and a one cut in half plug and the new lever is working great.

In the picture you can also see my ghetto fab temporary stereo setup as well.  It works but only ever so slightly the MP3 player keeps cutting on and off but it's what I'm working with at the moment.  I also finally got around to installing the LED resistors and installing the last to LED bulbs in the back turn signals.  It all worked when I installed them.  Then today one of the sides decided to up and not work at all. Shoot so need to figure out if the wiring went bad or what.

So yeah that's been going on in the last couple of days since the last one.  And I've been working on a list of things that I still need to fix and or repair on the Jetta but it's not complete yet.  Obviously the Turn signals are a need to be done today so after I publish this that's where I'm headed off to.

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...